With the Conrad Murray trial nearing, its important that the MJ fan-mily understand how important social media will be prior to and during the trial. From an article on law.com regarding the Casey Anthony trial:
1. Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lead defense attorney, hired trial consultant Amy Singer to monitor over 40,000 blog items to see what was annoying people about Anthony --and tailor their defense accordingly.
2. Above, Singer states that the Anthony trial "was the first high-profile murder trial to take place in the social media age and will forever change how lawyers defend clients."
3. Singer was allowed to help the defense team pick a jury. After helping to choose jurors, Singer's job went into overdrive. Singer combed blogs, and to keep up with blogger traffic, asked for help from the website American Society of Trial Consultants. Singer was overwhelmed with responses from trial consultants who volunteered their time to monitor the blogosphere.
4. Singer and the team of trial consultants did not focus on what blogs were stated that was positive about Anthony. Rather, they focused on isolating the important negative comments that they felt needed to be addressed. For example, when blogs attacked George Anthony's credibility/likeability, Singer encouraged the defense team to beef up that point in their strategy.
Also of interest is Miranda Sevcik's blog from July 6, 2011. Remember Sevcik? She was the publicist for Ed Chernoff and the Conrad Murray defense team who leaked a fake jury questionnaire to TMZ. Sevcik's blog post speaks to points regarding the media and misinformation spread by the media. Of note, Sevcik states that while working for the Murray defense team, media interviews were often sensationalized and key information was distorted. In particular, Sevcik underscores Nancy Grace's biased influence on the public.
There are two central points to be taken here, one from the Casey Anthony trial and the other from the audacity of Miranda Sevcik's claims in her blog.
1. If we are to believe that the Murray defense will focus on social media prior to and during the trial, they most likely focus on the negative comments made about Murray's professional and ethical treatment (or lack thereof) of Michael Jackson. Those negative comments will in all likelihood be made by the MJ fan-mily. Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that we focus on the key issues; that Conrad Murray left Michael Jackson unmonitored while administering an anesthetic which should be only used in a professional setting.
2. The audacity of Miranda Sevcik is immeasurable. I find it very difficult to believe that as a publicist, Sevcik was not aware of sensationalism and bias in the media. Sevcik acts as if Conrad Murray was the first person to ever be victimized by the media. Murray, like Michael Jackson was for the better part of four decades, is being hounded by the press. The difference between Conrad Murray and Michael Jackson is that Jackson never killed anyone. Welcome to the media world Michael lived in, Dr. Murray.
Michael Jackson (3) Sunrise Colony (2) Sycamore Valley Ranch (2) William Bone (2) Al Malnik (1) Arnold Klein (1) Bruce Ayers (1) Charles Koppelman (1) Colony Capital (1) Conrad Murray (1) Dieter Wiesner (1) Eliza Jackson (1) Evan Chandler (1) John Branca (1) Jordan Chandler (1) Kingdom Entertainment (1) Los Olivos (1) MJJ Kingdom (1) Mark Schaffel (1) Modern Records (1) Neverland (1) Peter Lopez (1) Pine Grove Hospital (1) Randy Jackson (1) Randy and the Gypsys (1) Raymone Bain (1) Red Rock Country Club (1) Steveanna Jackson (1) Taunya Zilkie (1) Thomas Barrack (1) Tom Barrack (1)